Calcium Hydroxyapatite, Genève
Lift up your face with Radiesse
Radiesse is a remarkable molecule because of its dual action: instantaneous, thanks to its volumizing action immediately after injection and long-term thanks to the deep skin stimulation.
Radiesse is one of the most well-known treatments performed in aesthetic medicine.
Radiesse® is an injectable product composed of microscopic hydroxyapatite calcium sphere present in an inert gel of carboxymethylcellulose and glycerin.
Calcium hydroxyapatite, a compound naturally present in bones, has been used for many years in facial and dental surgical reconstruction.
It has been used for several years to treat global sagging of the face, particularly in the oval area.
After injection of Radiesse® into the deep layers of the skin, the gel is rapidly getting degrades after 2 to 3 months, leaving the hydroxyapatite particles to stimulate the fibroblasts, cells present in the deep layers of the skin.
True natural production units of collagen, hyaluronic acid, and elastin fibers, the stimulated fibroblasts will produce collagen until the hydroxyapatite particles are completely dissolved between 12 and 18 months.
The skin's quality in the treated area is improved in terms of its tone and radiance. This is known as skin induction.
Radiesse® has a slightly weaker volumizing effect than hyaluronic acid but is much more structuring.
However, if the amount of Radiesse injected is increased, it produces an immediate volumizing action and therefore an instant result in skin sagging.
Unlike hyaluronic acid, the gel is not transparent but opaque white.
Radiesse injections can be performed all year round.
Treatment location :
- Lifting-like effect of the cheekbones, by the "vector technique" or "happy-face" technique ;
- improvement of facial contours (oval, chin, temples);
- crumpled cheeks;
- volume of the cheekbones;
- rejuvenation of the back of the hands.
It should be noted that because of its action in the deep layers of the skin, Radiesse® should not be injected into the lips, forehead, or fine lines.
CLEAGE doctors will advise you to get the best injection technique to adopt for your face and skin.
Duration of the session :
20 min to 1 hour depending on the indications and the number of treated areas
The technique :
After analysis by the esthetic physician, the Radiesse® is delicately injected into the deep layers of the facial skin at strategic points, almost always using a cannula (a needle with foamy, non-sharp edges).
Radiesse injections can be given from the age of 35-40 when the patient experiences moderate to deep facial sagging.
A volumizing action of Radiesse® is immediately noticed by the patient at the end of the injection, instantly treating skin sagging.
The calcium hydroxyapatite deposited may subsequently stimulate fibroblasts so that these cells naturally produce collagen fibers over time.
This new collagen production will progressively improve and perpetuate the results.
It will therefore treat the global sagging of the face, fill in deep wrinkles and improve skin tone.
The duration of the results is 12 to 14 months.
For many years, Radiesse® has been the best known and most widely used in the treatment of facial sagging. It enjoys full recognition in the world of medicine and cosmetic surgery.
For a perfectly comfortable injection session, CLEAGE doctors will use a local anesthetic present in the Radiesse® syringes.
Social Eviction :
None, a total and immediate continuation of professional and social activities.
Side Effects :
- Transient redness of the treated area ;
- bruising following injections may occur due to trauma of microscopic vessels, invisible to the eye, through the cannula, which may persist for up to 5 to 7 days after injection ;
- slight transient edema may occur post-injection. Simply wait and massage the injected area. If the edema persists for more than a week after the injection, the doctor should be notified;
- recurrence of herpes labialis: to be anticipated before the injection ;
- Hypo or hyperpigmentation of the skin may appear after the injection;
- acute or chronic inflammatory reaction (granuloma) may exceptionally occur.
- pregnancy ;
- history of allergy to hyaluronic acid (extremely rare);
- unstable autoimmune diseases (lupus, thyroiditis, rheumatoid arthritis, vitiligo...): a letter from your doctor is necessary to analyze the feasibility of injections;
- history of injection with non-absorbable products;
- history of post-injection inflammatory granuloma;
- history of allergy to an anesthetic.
Before the session :
In the 10 days preceding the injections, avoid aspirin and anti-inflammatory drugs to limit the risk of bruising.
After the session :
- massage the treated areas in the evening after the injection as recommended by the esthetic doctor ;
- do not apply heat or cold to the treated areas ;
- no hammam/sauna within 72 hours after injection.