Enlarged pores, Genève
Smooth the grain of your skin
Enlarged pores correspond to the orifice of the sebaceous glands, glands that produce sebum (facial fat). The increased production of sebum in adulthood or during an acne outbreak favors their appearance.
Enlarged pores can then become overloaded with impurities and sebum, blocking the opening of the sebaceous glands and leading to the formation of blackheads or whiteheads (open or closed comedones) that can become superinfected and give rise to acne eruptions.
Also, the presence of multiple enlarged pores reduces the fineness of the skin texture and accentuates its irregularity. There is a genetic character to their existence.
Having a few enlarged pores is normal, having too many is a symptom of fragile and unhealthy skin.
They are identical to those encountered in acute acne. The excessive production of sebum by the skin (also called hyper seborrhea) favors their formation and their transformation into blackheads.
A diet rich in fat and sugar, as well as hormonal disorders aggravates sebum production.
Active smoking and prolonged and frequent sun exposure gradually destroy collagen and elastin fibers. This leads to a decrease in skin tone and thus to the enlargement of enlarged pores.
Several treatments are available to make enlarged pores disappear.
- Personalized cosmetic treatment with the American brand ZO SKIN HEALTH by Dr. Zein Obagi is essential to eliminate enlarged pores over the long term and prevent their reappearance. The use of active ingredients such as salicylic acid, free and stabilized vitamin C, or retinol can effectively fight these enlarged pores.
Customized treatment will be set up according to your skin type by CLEAGE doctors.
- Sessions of 3 STEP PEEL from the ZO SKIN HEALTH range can be performed to erase enlarged pores in 2 to 3 sessions. These peels are often performed after complete preparation of the skin with the different ZO SKIN HEALTH treatment programs. A social eviction with peeling and redness is present for 5 to 7 days.
The 3 Step Peels will be performed at 4-week intervals.
- In case of major skin irregularities, the CLEAGE Total Skin Solution signature protocol is recommended. It will tighten the pores, refine the skin texture, attenuate superficial and deep acne scars and spots. It is a combined laser treatment combining Genius radiofrequency for the deep part of the skin and LaseMD® for superficial smoothing. All layers of the skin are treated with this technique. A simple redness for 4 days is present after the session and will disappear spontaneously in the following days.
- For an effective, rapid tightening and instant action on enlarged pores and complexion, without side effects or social eviction, the Hollywood Peel is the absolute dermatological treatment thanks to the SPECTRA laser from LUTRONIC. The application of a carbon solution on your skin is heated after a first laser pass and then a Laser-Peel is performed during the second pass.
For even more results on enlarged pores, it is recommended to repeat 3 to 4 sessions at 2-week intervals of Hollywood Peel.
- Monthly maintenance is recommended before or after these treatment protocols with HYDRAFACIAL, which in 4 phases of care will cleanse, exfoliate, moisturize and protect your skin.
A lack of daily maintenance of the skin with ZO SKIN HEALTH cosmeceutical products and a monthly HYDRAFACIAL will result in the reappearance of these pores, despite the laser and/or peeling treatments previously performed.
The choice of techniques and solutions will be made with the CLEAGE doctors to obtain the best possible result whatever your skin type.