Acute Inflammatory Acne, Genève
Get rid of acute inflammatory acne
Acne is a common benign inflammatory disease mainly affecting teenagers but also adults. It can cause unsightly after-effects and scars and can be a source of real complexes.
Thanks to specific laser techniques and peelings as well as professional cosmeceuticals that are personalized and adapted to each patient's skin, acute acne can be managed without the use of antibiotics or isotretinoin (ROACUTANE).
Acne is characterized by the appearance of inflammation (redness, pain, and swelling) of the sebaceous glands that produce the skin fat called sebum.
Bacteria belonging to the Proponium group will cause the infection of these glands (where sebum has gradually accumulated) and then the appearance of a red acne pimple, followed by a white superinfection.
Other sebaceous glands remaining in a dormant state will form open (blackheads) or closed (whiteheads), which may be the site of future inflammation and superinfection.
Due to the inflammation excess of acne flare-ups and the removal of pimples by the patient, scars, pigment spots, or persistent redness may occur and lead to dermatological after effects.
The mechanisms of acne have been well known for several years.
Acne is caused by a multitude of factors:
- Sebum: the main causal factor, it is made up of fat, cellular debris, and other skin impurities. Possessing a pro-inflammatory activity, it accumulates in the sebaceous glands and therefore promotes the inflammation of the latter. Also, it can cause redness, irritation, pigmentation spots, and accelerated skin aging.
- Hormones: hormonal instability can increase sebum production and thus the appearance of acne flare-ups (menstrual cycle, pregnancy, estro-progestogen contraception, implants, etc.).
- Diet: a diet too rich in sugar and fat is a factor that can cause acne. The CLEAGE center does not recommend a diet against acne but encourages the awareness of your diet to reduce acute acne.
- Stress: periods of stress sometimes lead to the appearance of acne, particularly because of the production of certain hormones in greater quantities during these periods (thyroid, cortisol ...).
- Make-up: it is often at the origin of an obstruction of the pores where the sebaceous glands exit orifice is located and can accentuate the inflammation and the infection of the sebaceous glands;
- Cosmetology: excessive and inappropriate use of soothing and moisturizing creams causes an excess of sebum and the obstruction of the sebaceous glands.
Several solutions can treat acute acne. CLEAGE doctors will guide you on the solution best suited to your skin type and according to the severity of your acute acne.
The use of professional cosmeceutical products is essential in the treatment of acne. The CLEAGE center uses the American brand ZO SKIN HEALTH, an absolute medical brand and the undisputed reference in professional dermatology.
The daily use of exfoliant, sebum reducer and the natural anti-inflammatory molecule is the first step to normalize the skin and reduce the intensity and frequency of acne flare-ups and thus their after-effects.
Superficial peels, composed of glycolic acid and salicylic acid or the latest generation of medium peel, the 3 Step Peel ZO SKIN HEALTH will allow an intense and controlled exfoliation, leading to healthier skin in the long-term.
Thanks to the use of the Hollywood Peel technique and its recognized protocol, LUTRONIC's SPECTRA laser helps to reduce acne flare-ups. This laser treatment is performed in two steps.
- The first step consists of the application of a carbonaceous lotion on the face penetrating the sebaceous glands. The laser will then heat the carbonaceous lotion, resulting in the controlled and gentle destruction of the inflamed sebaceous glands. This will result in the reduction of current and future acne flare-ups, in a painless manner and without social eviction.
- The second phase consists of destroying the carbonaceous lotion causing a Laser-Peel.
This consists of a laser exfoliation of the superficial layers of the skin, decreasing the superficial spots secondary to acne flare-ups, always painless and without social eviction. Several sessions are recommended in the treatment of acne.
Microsurgical techniques may be proposed by the CLEAGE doctor, in case of nodular or abscessing acne.
Sessions of LED therapy (light-emitting diode treatment), with the use of two wavelengths (blue and red), have antibacterial and anti-inflammatory activity.
The blue has shown its effectiveness in inhibiting the production of bacteria belonging to the Proponium group, the red has proven its anti-inflammatory and collagen-producing activity. Except for certain photosensitizing treatments, this treatment has no contraindications or side effects and can be used throughout the year.
The repetition of HYDRAFACIAL treatments will improve the patient's overall skin quality and reduce the risk of acne breakouts.
A micro nutritional treatment helps to reduce acne by providing certain vitamins and anti-inflammatory trace elements such as zinc, silicon, selenium.
The advice of CLEAGE doctors will guide you on the natural treatments to adopt.
In case of very severe or intense nodular acne, a prescription at very low doses and for a short duration of isotretinoin may be indicated, coupled with strict and close monitoring of its use.