Oval of the face, Genève
Redraw the oval of your face
The oval of the face is defined by a harmonious line starting from the forehead, passing through the temples and the cheekbones, continuing through the angle of the jaw, and ending at the point of the chin.
For women, this line takes the aspect of a curve, hence feminizing the face, and is an incontestable sign of youth.
With time, the loss of the oval is caused by several factors:
- greasy melting
- hyper contraction of the face's lowering muscles
- loosening of the skin. A global loss of the oval's curvature then appears.
In its upper part, a hollowing of the temples occurs as well as a decrease in the projection of the cheekbones and the appearance of the valley of tears.
In its lower part, the birth of jowls is observed (fatty mass on the sides of the chin) as well as the disappearance of the angle of the jaw (mandibular angle), the appearance of the bitterness fold, and the decrease in the projection of the chin.
A successful oval treatment combines several techniques. CLEAGE doctors will propose a treatment plan tailored to your face to obtain a natural and harmonious result. Among the techniques used:
- the restoration of the overlying volumes (cheekbones, tears trough, temples), by injections of hyaluronic acid or Radiesse in these areas, allowing the entire face to be re-tensioned.
- the correction of the underlying volumes. Indeed, the oval or rather the jawline (mandibular line) is disturbed by the presence of the jowl. Thus, to redefine the jaw, injections of hyaluronic acid or Radiesse, will be made along the jawline on either side of the jowl, to perform traction on each side of this jowl with the vector technique. Also, the doctor may redraw the mandibular angle of the patient's jaw to obtain an even better-defined jaw.
- a relaxation of the lowering and negative muscles of the face, notably by injections of botulinum toxin into the platysma muscle (neck muscle) and the mouth angle lowering muscle (Depressor anguli oris). This is called the Nefertiti lift.
The doctors at the CLEAGE center will guide you on the areas to be treated for a perfect result.
The duration of the injection session is from 30 min to 1 hour depending on the number of areas to be treated. Results last between 9 and 12 months.
As with all injections, bruising may occur and last for a few days. Slight reactive edema may occur for 48-72 hours, corresponding to the inflammation caused by the passage of the cannula or needle. The treatment of these areas is perfectly comfortable because a cannula is most often used (to limit bruising and achieve a homogeneous hyaluronic acid coating), and a local anesthetic in all the hyaluronic acid syringes at the CLEAGE center.
The treatment of superficial drooping of the skin (wrinkled appearance) is carried out using LUTRONIC's Genius radiofrequency. An undeniable reference in the treatment of superficial drooping skin, the Genius will stimulate the deep layers of the skin and lead to the natural production of elastin fiber, collagen, and hyaluronic acid to fight against superficial wrinkles and thus restore the skin's perfect tone.
3 to 4 sessions spaced one month apart is enough to reduce drooping skin. A slight redness as well as slight edema are present for 48 hours and disappear spontaneously. Radiofrequency sessions are to be carried out at a distance of 3 weeks from the injections.
When a severe loosening of the oval and overly prominent jowls are observed, a surgical facelift may be proposed by the doctors and surgeons of the center. For patients who want a less invasive procedure, absorbable tensor sutures may be considered.
The CLEAGE center advises you to browse the needs and solutions tabs of the website to have the most precise information on the different treatment techniques.